Sudan - SSMO
SUDANESE STANDARDS AND METROLOGY ORGANIZATION
Sudanese Standards And Metrology Organization (SSMO) has appointed Baltic Control for verification of the conformity of products before shipment to Sudan.
PVoC programme started on 02.11.2015.
- Consumer and environment protection
- Conformity assurance
- Faster release of goods at Sudan Customs offices at the Sudan borders and the entry points
The exporter lodges a request for certificate with the Baltic Control offices according to the contact details stated in the document attached below. This request should include:
- Pro-forma invoice / final invoice / packing list / name and contact of the importer and exporter
- Conformity documents or test reports (issued by ISO 17025 accredited laboratory) that comply with the SSMO/international/regional standards
- Certificates related to the management of quality / safety system
- Information related to the location and provisional date for the goods for the performance of physical inspection of goods before shipment
BALTIC CONTROL TEAM MISSION
- Baltic Control reviews the information and the documents provided
- Contact the customer / exporter to coordinate physical inspection.
- Send samples (if necessary) to ISO 17025 accredited laboratory for testing as per appointed standard
- Baltic Control verifies consistency and accuracy of data collected during the verification process. Upon satisfactory result and receipt of the final invoice, transport document, CoA, phytosanitary certificate, certificate of origin a secured Certificate of Inspection (COI) is prepared, which is accepted by customs employees at the Sudan border and the entry points.
VERIFICATION AT DESTINATION
Verification will be performed at destination by a Baltic Control team when the goods reach Sudan entry points. Visual inspection of the condition of the shipment and goods packages whenever customs open a consignment.